Friday, August 27, 2010

Hurry up and wait the concrete is coming

         So, here I am at 3pm on a Friday afternoon waiting for concrete to arrive. It's going to be a late night. It's pretty typical, concrete work requires a lot of preparation for a few short hours of work. After the foundation guys finish pouring the walls I need to install the tie downs and anchor bolts specified by the engineer. Hopefully I can finish up by 6pm for the long ride home. Next week I will be bringing up my camper as the actual building starts, no more 3-1/2 hour commute a day. They will be coming up to strip the foundation on Saturday and Monday we will be waterproofing and insulating the foundation. The excavator will be installing the perimeter drain and back filling as we go. If all goes as planned we will be building the floor on Tuesday, right on schedule.

   The concrete finally showed up at 4:15 and the foundation is complete!! 6pm

Tom Pittsley

No comments:

Post a Comment